Location – Winchester
12-month contract available for an experienced Arboriculture Specialist
As Arboriculture Specialist you will be responsible for;
- To act as a project lead on specific projects or defined arboriculture disciplines.
- To provide professional, accurate advice to senior management, County and District members and to in house HCC staff
- To manage ‘owned’ project budgets
- To undertake detailed site inspection and to prepare reports in relation to tree related claims which may be used in court. Liaise with HCC Legal in this regard and be prepared to attend court as a witness. To advise on development schemes, S278, S38 and planning applications.
- To attend countywide sites, to assess tree condition and necessary works and advise intentions.
- To instruct works to our tree contractor.
- To remain up to date with current industry legislation and practices.
- To maintain good communication between the Client and contractors.
- To meet project deadlines and provide accurate and proportionate advice.
Arboriculture Specialist Requirements
- Professional Diploma in Arboriculture (RFS) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable arboricultural management experience, including practical tree work experience.
- Extensive practical knowledge of tree biology and structure, plant identification, tree pests and diseases, law in relation to Highway trees, planting practices and standards, arboricultural costings, the environmental impact of and on trees and awareness of current issues.
- Understanding of contract documentation and management
Decision Making Areas
- Prioritising and managing own workload.
- Accurate and consistent arboricultural report preparation.
- Dealing with upset, angry or abusive stakeholders, contractors or members of the public verbally and in writing.
Negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this Arboriculture Specialist contract please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773034739 ASAP.