1st Class Customer Service Assistant
Late Shift Role
Based in Edinburgh
1 x 6-Month Contract (PART-TIME)
We are working with one of the most prestigious TOCs in the UK, who specialise in train travel from Scotland and the Northeast to London. They are looking for a 1st Class Customer Service Assistant to join them at Edinburgh Waverley Station on a temporary basis, where you will be assisting customers in the 1st Class lounge during the evening.
The role itself will be station based. You will be working at Edinburgh Waverley Station and your job purpose will be to provide customer assistance to all customers in the 1st Class lounge. Your duties will consist of:
- Helping passengers with any luggage
- Directing customers to their train
- Serving pre-package food that customers have ordered
- Keeping the 1st Class Lounge looking presentable for public use
Regarding hours, you will be working Sunday to Friday, on a shift rota of:
Sunday – 20:00pm – 23:00pm
Monday – Friday – 21:00pm – 23:00pm
It is a 13 hour a week role but you will be paid for 24 hours of work instead so it can be more compatible for candidates.
The company you will be joining runs some of the highest mileage routes in the UK. They operate a fleet of 200+ trains and operate over 50 stations across Scotland, London, Northeast England, Yorkshire & the Humber, East Midlands and even the East of England.
This temporary role represents a fantastic opportunity to take the first step into a career on the railway.
Remuneration & Benefits:
This rail company has on offer the following for temporary staff:
- £12p/h rate
- Opportunity for someone looking to get into the train/transportation industry to get some experience
- Be able to pass a Drugs & Alcohol test
- Provide your Right to Work documents before deployment
- Happy to help mentality/attitude
- A decent fitness is needed as the role will involve a decent bit of walking, so please keep this in mind when applying
- Flexibility to work weekends
How can I apply?
If you’re interested in the Train Cleaner vacancy, then please do one of the following:
- Hit the apply button
- Email Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
As part of our recruitment process you will be subject to completing a solo/video interview to demonstrate your experience, expertise, skills and expertise before your application is submitted.
Ganymede Solutions Ltd specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
Ganymede is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation